- Tisha B’Av is a Jewish fast day.
- Tisha B’Av means “Ninth of Av.”
- In 2018, Tisha B’Av will begin on July 21 at sundown and continue until sundown on July 22.
- On Tisha B’Av, observant Jews fast and read the Book of Lamentations.
- On Tisha B’Av we remember disasters that have befallen the Jewish People, especially the destruction of the Temple in the year 70 of the Common Era.
- The Temple was destroyed by the armies of Rome, but Jewish tradition says that the Temple was destroyed on account of “baseless hatred” among Jews against one another.