What is the object below?
1. General answers such as “a wooden box” are not acceptable.
2. This object has a specific function.
3. Put your replies in the “Comments” section.
4. The winner will be the first person to put up the correct answer.
5. The prize? A cheap souvenir from the place where the photo was taken. Also the glory of being the winner of the First Ever Coffee Shop Rabbi Identification Contest.
Guesses are welcome, the wilder the better!
15 thoughts on “Contest: What is This Object?”
This is a wardrobe closet that holds choir robes
Great guess, Nirit, but no, that’s not it.
(According to my web search… ) Santo Servicio is the Portuguese Jewish community all male choir, located in Amsterdam’s oldest Orthodox Sephardic Jewish community (c.1639 by Jews fleeing from Spain/Portugal due to Spanish Inquisition)…founded in 1886, reconstituted in 2003… I’m guessing it was used for storage or music/robes? Or maybe the original Holy Ark?
Very close, Michelle! (Wow, you are a wizard with the Google searches!)
Wait – I just reread your reply, and you are right: it’s their service books. We have a winner!
It’s a closet that holds the Torah scroll.
Another great guess, but no.
where the choir stores the music sheets/books?
or hides the really bad siger? 😉
OK, Elizabeth, you get honorary mention for the funniest answer!
I think it is a closet possibly where choir vestments are hung.
Way too early in the morning for me to even see it, Rabbi! Give us night owls in the western time zones a chance some time.
(Not that I’ll get it then, either, but perhaps someone west of me will.)
Good point, Lurk. I posted it while severely jet lagged myself! Ok: next one will be posted for the CA night owls.
Looks like a homemade Tardis.