What a nice surprise!
I’d never heard of the Sunshine Award until this blog received a nomination for it earlier this week from writer, editor, and history researcher Serendipity Chronicles. According to SC:
The Sunshine Award honors writers who are working to “light up the dark corners” of readers’ minds. It’s a true writer’s honor – a high five given from one scribe to another not just in appreciation of his or her written work, but in recognition of how challenging it can be to put that work out there for all to see – and to keep putting it out there even when the writing Muse is off on a vacation cruise.
Most importantly, it’s an affirmation of the world view that showing kindness is a sign of strength, not weakness.
Thank you to Serendipity Chronicles for nominating me – how very kind of you to give me this encouragement!
Perhaps the best prize is the opportunity to nominate other wordpress blogs for the Sunshine Award. My nominees are:
Rules for Nominees of the Sunshine Awards
- Thank the person who gave you the award in your blog post.
- Include your own responses to the Q&A below.
- Pass on the award to 10 – 12 deserving and inspiring bloggers, give them the good news, and link to their blogs.
Q&A for Sunshine Award Nominees (replace the existing answers provided by Serendipity Chronicles and include the updated Q&A as part of your own post in which you accept the award):
- Favorite color? Chnges constantly.
- Favorite animal? Poodle.
- Favorite number? Five.
- Favorite nonalcoholic drink? Lemonade.
- Favorite alcoholic drink? Guinness.
- Facebook or Twitter? Twitter
- My Passions? My spouse, my sons, teaching.
- Giving or Receiving Gifts? Both equally.
- Growing Smiles with The Sunshine Award (serendipitychronicles.wordpress.com)
- The “Sunshine Award” (goodtimestories.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Blogger Award (lilicasplace.com)