Today I’m going to turn the tables a bit, and ask you a question.
I’m thinking about offering an online real-time Torah study group. Details, as they stand in my mind right now:
- Weekly session
- Venue: Google Hangouts or Adobe Connect, still pondering that one.
- Topic: Weekly Torah Portion
- Duration: 1 hour
- Level: Basic, no Hebrew required.
- Cost: Suggested donation per session, via PayPal, but no requirement.
- Starting date: With Parashat Bereshit, week beginning October 11.
Time is the tricky bit, since I am aware of readers in many different time zones. Also, other than a couple of Twitter followers who suggested this scheme, I have no idea whether anyone would actually be interested.
So here’s what I need from you, if you are interested:
- Your time zone
- Days and times that would work for you
- Any comments or suggestions you have on the above.
- Is there any other subject you’d like to study?
Please reply via Comments – I can get your email or your blog from that (never fear, your email will NOT show to the public and I will never let anyone else have it without your permission.) I will contact you privately after a few days if it looks like this might actually work. Obviously, if you aren’t interested, no need to comment.
Curious to see how this goes.