My heart is too full for me to post anything coherent. Some disjointed thoughts:
• I love my brother. I feel loved by my brother. I love and feel loved by his wife. I wish I knew how to communicate to him what a blessing he has been and continues to be in my life.
• I am proud to be a Reform rabbi.
• Chicago is my city of revelation. I have no idea why, but something about this Midwestern city lifts me towards growth.
• Shaving my head really opened it up. I feel new breezes blowing, literally and figuratively. What that means I am not yet sure.
• I love my home. I love my spouse. I love my sons. I love my friends. I love my dogs. I miss them and I want to go home.